As the studio ThatGameCompany finishes developement on its third exclusive Playstation digital title, the developers have shared additional information regarding the highly anticipated Journey.
- Journey will have one save file per PS3. The game saves at the end of each level.
- The sand physics in Journey were developed independent of each other
- Journey only features between 3-5 hours of gameplay but has “great replayability”.
- Journey likely won’t have downloadable content (DLC) but “there’s always a chance”.
- Journey won’t support 3D.
- There will be Journey SEN avatars.
- Unless Sony develops one there won’t be a PS Vita version of Journey.
Journey is expected to arrive sometime this Spring.
While Journey’s release will wrap up the three game exclusive deal between the studio and Sony. TheGameCompany is already working on another project. The only clues they would share concerning this title is that their game “deals with something that you can see with your eyes”.
With its exclusive deal with Sony coming to an end, could this mean that TheGameCompany’s next title could appear on a different platform? However they did mention that “developing with another company makes things much harder, because you have two development studios to control. One is easier”.
Let us look forward to the release of Journey and info on their next project.